The tricky world of skincare can be difficult to navigate. Organic vs. Certified Organic. What does “natural” really mean? Where do you start when looking for a new skincare line?
The first step is trying to read through the overused taglines that a lot of major skincare brands use. Did you know that labelling a product as “natural” has no regulations or requirements? That means anyone can slap the word “natural” on a product that contains zero natural ingredients.
That’s why I love brands like Intelligent Nutrients, who are transparent and passionate about all the ingredients going into their skincare products, how they’re grown and how the ingredients impact the planet. And here are 5 reasons why I know you’ll love them too!
- The first thing to look for is if the product is USDA Certified Organic. This represents products that have contents of 95-100% organic ingredients, and the remaining 5% though not organically grown, poses no risk to the skin or the body. Founder, Horst M. Rechelberger was an innovator in the beauty industry and believed that skincare should be food grade quality. Much of what we put onto our skin is absorbed into the body, so it should be safe enough to put in our mouths!
- Intelligent Nutrients is also committed to being pesticide, insecticide and herbicide free. Organic farming is used to grow the ingredients that ultimately formulate these beautiful products. This ensures that the many toxins produced with traditional farming don’t end up in our soil, our air, our bodies or our animals.
- The company is also Leaping Bunny Certified, which indicates that every step of the process is cruelty-free and never tested on animals. This is an important factor for animal lovers like myself. I love knowing that they are not only kind to humans and the earth, but to our little furry friends as well.
- They have a product for everyone and every skin type. No matter your age, skin type, or skin concern, Intelligent Nutrients has a product for you. Whether your skin is sensitive or dry or oily; whether you’re young and looking for better products or have mature skin, they’ve covered all the bases.
- Plant stem cell science is used for many of their products. This process grows plants in the lab instead of soil, saving over 1,000 tons of water per kilo of ingredients, eliminating the carbon inputs of agriculture and reserving farmland for sustainable food growth. No pesticides. No fuel. No farm irrigation. Plus plant stem cells deliver up to 1000x the antioxidant power of conventional, chemically stabilized ingredients. Plants such as Pennyword, Eldeweiss, Echinacea and Lilac have amazing proven benefits for the skin. They can reduce the depth of wrinkles, visibly improve texture, soothe and protect against oxidative stress.
Thinking about switching over to IN? Try one of their starter kits! Choose from 3 different sets of 4 travel size products for a full skin care routine. All of the kits include one of their most popular and magical products – The Renewing Oil Serum.